Holding My Meats - Warming Cabinet Suggestions

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

SmokeBerkeley
Pilgrim

Holding My Meats - Warming Cabinet Suggestions

Postby SmokeBerkeley » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:04 pm

Hello to all my fellow Texas BBQ Lovers, Producers and yeah EVEN the Haters!

My Mama and I currently own and operate a successful BBQ restaurant in Berkeley California. We have been in business for about 9 years and recently had to move to a new location. Everything is going great in the new place, but the temperature in the new kitchen is dramatically cooler than our last restaurant and I am finding it almost impossible to keep my meats warm. Being in CALIFORNIA WHERE THE REAL ESTATE IS HIGH, I DON'T HAVE ALOT OF SPACE.

Can I get any advice from anyone on what types of food warmers you use? I am looking for something like a table top warmer. But, like with everything...I just cant afford a real expensive proofer/warmer right now given the timing of our move.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

The Pitmaster
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Re: Holding My Meats - Warming Cabinet Suggestions

Postby Boots » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:39 am

A Cambro might work for temporary keeps. Small, light, effective and restaurant supply should carry them. Good for a few hours but would check vs code. If you have to continuously maintain 140 degrees fer code, see link at bottom, not too hard on the wallet:

And welcome! Probably a safe bet to say you are our first member from Berkeley!!! There are a few of us here old enough to remember the Grateful Dead and Janis (remember she hailed from Texas), so no haters here, it’s all about LOVE and PEACE, baby! I think I recall Parts may have even seen Janis live once (?).

https://www.google.com/shopping/product ... rmr:1,cs:1
Attachments
208C658D-A9CF-44AB-902A-5F84100993FC.jpeg
Jerry and Janis
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:56 am

Cool Pic, Sir Boots, and yes I did see J.J. in Houston when she was with Big Brother and The Holding Company. Great Performance, Southern Comfort and all. Wish I'd gotten to see Jerry and the Dead but it t'weren't to be. R.I.P. "Flower Power". :tup: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:26 am

If it were me, I would look for a plug in table top plate warmer, preferably a 3 burner.
Then, get yourself some Chafing pans and water and go that route.
You can get a nice 3 burner or even 2 burner electric for under a 100$.
Imho, you cant beat water and steam under your filled aluminum pans to continuously keep your food warm. Not just economical, but it provides even constant heat.
I myself had designed my own out of Stainless Steel years ago when I needed to find a way to keep my Hot Dogs and all of the Condiments at Health Dept Regulation Temps for 8 hrs a day.
Worked perfectly over Sternos and I still lay it on the Center Island Counter and cook with it every now and again for Reminiscing.

Good luck on your new place and may you prosper

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Return to “Pit Accessories, Stokers, Thermometers and Knives”